Update on COVID-19 from The Tiv Team
To all our valued guests,
As of Monday 16 March 2020 The Tivoli has cancelled all events with capacities of over 500 people as per the advice of the Australian Government.
On the event section of our website you can see which events will be proceeding, which will be cancelled and which will be postponed. All official correspondence to ticket holders regarding cancellations and postponements will be addressed via email from Ticketmaster in due course.
We want to make clear that we value the health and safety of all our guests, artists and team members above all else and are strictly following the advice of Queensland Health, the State Government of Queensland, the Australian Government and the World Health Organisation with respect to the safety of public gatherings.
We continue welcome all ticket holders and guests to the Tivoli and ask that patrons adhere to the following advice;
- Do not come if you have been in contact with any confirmed COVID-19 case OR if you have just returned from a travel-restricted country. Instead, you MUST SELF-ISOLATE for 14 days. Please check here for the up to date list of travel-restricted countries. Self-isolation means staying at home, not accepting visitors and avoiding situations where you come into contact with other people.
- Do not come if you have travelled to an area that has been affected by COVID-19 recently AND you have developed any of the following symptoms. Instead, you should self-isolate and seek medical care immediately;
- Difficulty breathing
- Flu-like symptoms such as a cough, sore throat or headache
- If you do not meet either of the first two criteria, there is no need to abstain from public gatherings or live events. We simply ask that you practice good hygiene when you attend events at The Tiv. That’s things like washing your hands and covering your mouth (ideally with your arm or a handkerchief) if you sneeze or cough.
- If you do meet either of the first two criteria, please call the dedicated Department of Health and Human Services hotline on 1800 675 398 and seek medical care.
You can also find more information on the Coronavirus Health Information Line – simply call 1800 020 080, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The current situation with coronavirus is a dynamic one that we are monitoring daily. We will update this page with the latest advice as we receive it.
We obviously send this information with much regret and sadness, but look forward to coming back at you stronger than ever once the madness is over.
Peace and love,
The Tivoli Team